Friday, February 11, 2011

Bleeding heart?

I wonder what I think about this whole blogging thing. It isn't often that I feel like writing. (And call me crazy, but I feel like that's the primary reason for having a blog.) But every now and then, something will hit me. Usually its after a conversation with a friend, and suddenly it's as if the world comes into focus. Or, while I'm sitting in class, and I'm hit with a realization that will make me angry, or sad, or antsy, or excited. Or while I'm standing in a church service overcome with questions. Or when I'm with the people that get me, and that make me feel safe. It's at those points when I feel motivated to write.

I'm not great at things like being mellow. I'm passionate. If I like something, I want you to like it too. Don't ever take me to a nice restaurant, because I will force you to try whatever delicious thing I'm eating. I mean, I know you'd love it.  When I meet someone that is smart or eccentric or inspiring or challenging, it's like I've never met anyone else. I want you to meet them, and fall in love with them too. When I learn something, it's impossible to not relate it to my life. It seeps into my conversations, and overwhelms my mind.

All this to say... the things I write about will be the things I'm feeling. And in my world, I can just say what I think. I don't have to give a chapter of prolegomena to make sure we're on the same page. I don't have to make sure I'm not being overly emphatic, or politically correct. I don't have to be tactful. I don't have to be scared I'm offending, or being inflammatory. I can just... talk. And I like to talk.

So yeah. I guess that's what I'll do. I'll talk. I don't know if everyone introduces their blog like this. But well, it seemed appropriate. So, I'll write. And if you'd like to read, I'd love to share my thoughts with you.

2 comments:

  1. Kylie,

    I think that the reasons you are expressed are the perfect reason to start a blog! After reading the other posts, I am already excited about reading more and I will be sure to drop by and comment every so often! (Even if my comments show up in purple!)

    I will be praying for you as you continue to explore!

    Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jared :) You're always an encouragement. I hope all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete